This year we would like to recognise the foresight of our future GPs and nurses by awarding medical students with the chance to win the prestigious ‘PCCJ/BJPCN Student Innovation Best Practice Award’. As part of a team or individually they will be invited to submit an abstract summarising a project or research which they have been involved in which demonstrates the potential to improve best practice in primary care for cardiovascular disease and/or related disorders.
Abstracts should detail the project aims and objectives and highlight the evidence around how the outcomes have helped to improve current practice. Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by Dr Chris Arden and Bev Bostock, Editors of PCCJ & BJPCN and 10 finalists will be chosen to attend the conference and display their project as a poster for the conference delegates to choose their winner.
- All abstract entrants are entered into a prize draw for a £50 Amazon voucher
- 10 finalists will receive free conference registration including event dinner plus the chance to display their poster at Issues & Answers 2018
- The overall winner will receive the prestigious award plus £100 of Amazon vouchers at the close of the conference on Saturday 17th November
The theme of the award will be ‘Making best practice everyday practice, improving outcomes’. Entries must be submitted to email@example.com no later than Friday 28th September 2018.
- Promote the highest standard of provision of CVD health care in primary care
- Give you the platform to showcase your innovative ideas for improving current practice and patient care
- Clinical Effectiveness
- Patient experience
- Service delivery
Entrants will be notified of the prize draw winner and the Editors decision by Friday 12th of October and the 10 finalists provided with details about registration for the conference and instructions for creating their posters.
The winning poster will also be published as a PDF on the PCCJ & BJPCN websites as well as the Issues & Answers site.
For more information about the Best Practice Poster Award and information on the Free Student Places that we offer, download our leaflet here >