This meeting is intended for UK healthcare professionals only.
About the broadcast
Included in the programme:
- A half hour presentation from Beverley Bostock including a live Q&A discussion with downloadable slides and factsheet to print off and keep
- Followed by a 60 minute sponsored symposium from Dr Yassir Javaid with live Q&A
The ABC of CVD: What you need to know
Beverley Bostock, RGN MSc MA QN.
Education Facilitator, Devon Training Hub. Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Mann Cottage Surgery. Editor in Chief, Practice Nurse Journal & Primary Care Issues & Answers
6.30pm - Beverley Bostock takes us through the ABC of cardiovascular disease and what primary care need to know:
- The ABC of CVD – The ambition
- AF - Diagnosis and DOACs
- BP - Diagnosis and management
- Cholesterol – When to treat and how
- Heart failure – Why it is firmly back on the agenda
6:50pm - Live Q&A with Beverley Bostock
Updates in anticoagulation management for stroke prevention in NVAF
This promotional meeting is organised and sponsored by the Bristol Myers Squibb-Pfizer Alliance and is intended for UK healthcare professionals only.
Dr Yassir Javaid, MA FRCGP FRCP.
GPwSI Cardiology Northampton, Cardiovascular Lead Northamptonshire CCG
This session is intended for primary care physicians in the UK who manage patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF).
7.00pm - During this promotional session, our expert faculty will discuss the case of a patient who is experiencing symptoms that may be caused by paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. The session will include discussion around:
- The diagnosis and treatment of symptomatic paroxysmal AF
- Anticoagulation management for a patient with NVAF undergoing a catheter ablation procedure
- The new NICE guideline recommendations on anticoagulation therapy for stroke prevention in patients with NVAF
7:45pm - Live Q&A with Dr Yassir Javaid
Prescribing information will be available at the meeting.
Adverse events should be reported.
Reporting forms and information can be found at: UK - www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard, or search for MHRA Yellow Card in Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Bristol-Myers Squibb via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 731 1736 (UK).
432-GB-2100633 | July 2021
If you cannot attend the live broadcast, the webinars will be available on-demand after the event.
The content, opinions and statements made in this webinar are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of the supporters, editors or editorial board and no liability is accepted for the consequences of any misleading or inaccurate information.