Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. Introduction and general terms
Issues & Answers in Primary Care (I&A) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via our website and social media. It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, email, letters, and other correspondence, and in person.
In order to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information, we sometimes need to collect data about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use the information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
I&A is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your account could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away.
2. Our online services
The website, www.issuesandanswers.org is run by Issues & Answers in Primary Care and is available worldwide.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’I&A“ we are referring to Issues & Answers in Primary Care.
3. What information will I&A collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up for any of the I&A services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, web and mobile notifications or create an account using the I&A’s online registration system, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, as well as information collected about your use of our services (such as your area of interest within your profession).
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and occasionally, sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re participating in a meeting or conference, or you’ve purchased education resources). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
I&A collects information about how you use our Apps, websites or other content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network devices on the internet.
4. How will I&A use the information it collects about me?
I&A will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them, and to deal with your requests and enquiries. If you register to attend one of our events we will use your personal information to process your application to attend the event, take payment, if any, for our administration and management of the event, and send you any updates or information regarding the event. Our legal basis for doing so is to fulfill the agreement with you for your attendance. We use eduXeed as a registration system for many of our events and their servers are based in South Africa and may store and process your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). eduXeed complies with the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). If you wish to know more please see https://popia.co.za/. A copy of our agreement with eduXeed can be made available upon request.
- if you buy a delegate pass for an event, or make a purchase via the website, we will use third-party payment processing organisations to take your payment. These organisations will be the data controller of your information for the purpose of processing the transaction and may involve your information being processed outside of the EEA. Please read the terms and conditions before completing your payment.
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide, for additional information;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where I&A proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
5. Your I&A account
If you register for any of the I&A services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, web and mobile notifications or create an account using the I&A’s online registration system we will use your personal information to process your registration, application to attend any event, take payment, if any, for our administration and management of any event and to send you any updates or information regarding events and online content and activities. Our legal basis for doing so is to fulfill the agreement with you for your registration and/or attendance. We use eduXeed as a registration system for many of our events. Their servers are based in South Africa and may store and process your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). eduXeed complies with the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). If you wish to know more please see https://popia.co.za/ A copy of our agreement with eduXeed can be made available upon request.
If you buy a delegate pass for an event, or make a purchase via the website, we will use third-party payment processing organisations to take your payment. These organisations will be the data controller of your information for the purpose of processing the transaction and may involve your information being processed outside of the EEA. Please read the terms and conditions before completing your payment.
6. When will I&A contact me?
I&A may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, to ensure that we can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for an I&A account, or to help you reset your password;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about I&A products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to I&A;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the I&A services or other third parties (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to the I&A’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes (occasionally this may include information from approved third parties).
We will never contact you to ask for your I&A account password or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from I&A.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
I&A will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this.
We offer regular emails to let you know about I&A content and services. Occasionally we may send you information from approved third parties. We may also occasionally contact you to ask for your views on issues affecting the content on the I&A website.
We may personalise the message content based on any information you have provided to us.
8. Will I&A share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within I&A, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section.
Generally, we will use your information within I&A and eduXeed event management software and will only share it outside of these services where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third-party sites (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you and your colleagues relevant advertising on third-party sites. I&A uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example, to provide services or analysis and conference registration event management software. I&A requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and I&A requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way on their website.
We may share your personal information internally (i.e. with our other titles, events and websites), for example, we may send you information relevant to your account settings from our sister publications. Please see section 4 above for more details.
9. How long will I&A keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with I&A. If you delete your I&A account then your personal information is deleted immediately.
10. Can I delete my data?
You can always delete your I&A account. You can delete your account by emailing email@example.com.
As explained above, deleting your I&A account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you.
Deleting your I&A account will not delete the data you shared with I&A for reasons that are not connected with your I&A account. For example, if you registered for meetings or conferences, or purchased educational resources, we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and tell you about future events and resources you might be interested in (if you have asked to be kept updated).
11. Can I find out what personal information I&A holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information I&A holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, Issues & Answers in Cardiovascular Disease, Minerva Mill Innovation Centre, Station Road, Alcester B49 5ET, UK (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
Utility bill (from last 3 months)
Current vehicle registration document
Bank statement (from last 3 months)
Rent book (from last 3 months).
12. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
We can follow your navigation through our Site and identify the web pages which you visit. We may use such information to build statistics on users of our Site for our own use and for the use of third parties.
The information stored by cookies should make your website visits more productive by storing and using the information on your website preferences and habits. They do not identify users personally but they do identify each user’s computer. Your browser software can choose whether or not to accept cookies and most browser software is initially set up to accept them.
We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your browser software is set not to accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them.
If you wish to stop cookies from being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
13. Contacting I&A about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Issues & Answers in Cardiovascular Disease
Minerva Mill Innovation Centre
Alcester B49 5ET